Florida offers many of the best Universities & Colleges in the Nation. Florida also offers amazing discounts for Florida residents.
If you have children that will be attending college in Florida, I can help you save A TON of money on tuition. How does $64,000 for a 4 year degree sound? That opportunity is real…. Check out UCF alone: https://www.ucf.edu/admissions/undergraduate/tuition-aid/
Here is what we have learned:
- Residency rates apply if you have have owned a property in the state of Florida for 1 year +1 day from time of first class attendance.
- This means if your child will be attending college fall Semester beginning in 2020, you will want to own a property anywhere in Florida by August 1, 2019 to take advantage of in-state rates!
- Time of actually occupying the home is not important
- Homestead is not required to be claimed
- One owner must also have a Florida issued drivers license
- There are no restrictions regarding what state the student graduated high school!
In addition to giving you a year round piece of paradise, purchasing a residence in Florida may allow you to take advantage of In-State Residency rates for your children’s education.
Give us a call today to discuss your options.
Though we believe this information remains accurate, please call your college of choice admissions office to verify their specific requirement for applying for in-state rates! All information to be validated by the buyer for accuracy. Agents accept no responsibility for any changes or incorrect information relayed.